Van Leuven Wedding Cake

Van Leuven Wedding Cake
August 10, 2010

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Balsamic Vinegar

Oh my. When did I discover the joy and pleasures of cooking with balsamic vinegar? I'm not quite sure, but tonight I was thoroughly delighted by the smell of this wonder ingredient as my chicken was roasting with a glaze made with balsamic vinegar...swiped over the pieces of chicken, mixed in with the red potatoes, peppers, onions and garlic cooking beneath said chicken. Oh my. D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. It cooks down to such an enticing sweetness - as I smelled the aromas wafting from the oven, I was tempted to open the oven door and enjoy the blissful smell alone. But, being of an energy efficient mind, I kept my distance (not TOO far) and luxuriated in the essences of flavors emitting from the oven. Did I mention the vinegar's friend, rosemary? I do believe the dance they performed added to the lure.

Needless to say, I am fast becoming a balsamic vinegar devotee. Yum, yum, YUM.

1 comment:

  1. Too yummy. Do you moonlight for the Food Network? Last night we dined on Tuscan lemon Rosemary grilled chicken - delicious! I am going to try yours next.

    ReplyDelete